WWGS Global PassportThe deadline for Post Primary schools to apply for this years Global Passport Award has now passed. Please register your interest to participate in the 2017-18 school year.
What is the WWGS Global Passport Award?The Award is a self-assessed and externally-audited accreditation for Development Education that is open to all post-primary schools in the Republic of Ireland. It offers a framework of support to assist the integration of Development Education into schools, providing recognition and validation for this work. There are 3 different types of passport you can apply for depending on your school’s level of engagement with Development Education (DE):
- Citizen’s Passport – for emerging engagement with DE
- Diplomatic Passport – for established engagement with DE
- Special Passport – for exceptional engagement with DE
What is involved?You rate your school’s level of DE activity in 7 categories (passport ‘stamps’). The total score achieved in all 7 stamps will determine which of the three passport types is awarded.
What are the benefits?
- Externally audited DE quality mark for your school
- Validation and recognition for the DE work being done by your school
- Opportunity to raise your school’s profile by showcasing and celebrating DE
- Provision of a space for students to explore and take action on local to global issues.
What supports are offered?The Global Passport Award is creative, burden-free and FUN. WWGS provides a range of supports to assist schools in applying for the Global Passport:
- Workshops and support visits
- Phone and email support
- Tailored resources, guides and practical examples on each of the Passport stamps