WWGS Education Officer Supports:
Each of the schools engaged in the WWGS programme are assigned their own Education Officer who will support them throughout the school year. Other WWGS staff are also on hand to offer additional support.
1. Phone and Email support:
Feel free to call or email the Education Officer in your area with any questions you may have. Details at the bottom of the page.
2. Support Visits:
WWGS provide both physical support visits and on-line zoom meetings. Contact your assigned WWGS Education Officer now to arrange a support visit at a time that suits you.
- New to WWGS – If you are new to Global Citizenship Education (GCE), we can meet you to go through how to get started with it in your school.
- Have a grant with WWGS- The support visit includes discussion on your GCE programme so far, the Global Passport, your WWGS plan and budget or anything that you would like specific advice on.
- Who can you invite along- It is encouraged to invite your principal along for all or part of the meeting so they can become involved in your GCE planning. Do invite other interested teachers or students along to the meeting. It is advised that you try to build a team of teachers and students who can lead the work you are doing in school.
3. In-School Teacher Trainings:
WWGS provide free tailored Global Citizenship Education trainings to schools. A few types of workshops we offer:
- Whole School Inputs (such as Croke Park hours)
- Planning workshops with the GCE teacher committee
- Subject specific trainings (we can do a number of subjects simultaneously)
Just let us know what you need and we can tailor the workshop to suit your specific context.