- critical workshop/
- Teacher Conference/
- WWGS Global Citizenship Education/
National Teacher Conference: ‘Under the Surface’
Thursday 2rd February, Killashee House Hotel, Co. Kildare (9:30 – 16:00)
The WWGS National Teacher Conference ‘Under the Surface: Encouraging a critical exploration of global justice themes‘ took place on the 2nd of February in Killashee House Co. Kildare. It was a great day of workshops and sharing Global Citizenship Education good practice.
At the ‘Under the Surface’ conference, we explored going deeper in our teaching of global citizenship education. Through a series of workshops, discussions, inputs, a resource fair and informal chats, the conference aimed to build the capacity of secondary school teachers to network, learn, build skills, share good practice, get to the underlying root causes of global justice issues and collectively take meaningful action on these root causes with students. Find out more about the workshops in the programme below.
Please find our Keynote’s presentation video here.
Resources by Dr. Audrey Bryan
- Environmental Influencer in pdf (Irish Schools Sustainability Network)
- Global Citizenship Education and Financial Justice in pdf (Financial Justice Ireland)
- Collective vs Individual Action in pptx (NYCI)
Other resources recommended from participating organisations
- RDC Education Webpage
- Secondary School Workshops (available in your school, or onsite at the Rediscovery Centre in Ballymun)
- FREE STEM & Sustainability Project workshops, funded by Science Foundation Ireland, available to Deis schools and schools in disadvantaged areas
- Sign up to our Education mailing list
- Facts Matter: A Guide to Building Critical Media Literacy in Today’s World by 80:20 Educating and Acting for a Better World and NALA. The full teaching booklet and downloadable PPTs, handouts and worksheets
- 10 Myths About… booklet series and online quizzes covering topical issues such as women’s rights, corporate social responsibility and climate change on developmenteducation.ie Teachers are also invited to share ideas for us to fact check.
Galway One World Centre: Beyond Borders