Junior Cycle / Senior Cycle / Transition Year
- Bulding your GCE/
- Global Citizenship Education/
- Starter schools/
- WWGS chat forum/
- WWGS Global Citizenship Education/
September 27, 2021
WWGS Starter workshop for new teachers and schools
The Starter Workshop is an annual teacher training carried out for teachers who are new toGCE (1-3years) and for teachers who want a refresher course on the fundamentals of Global Citizenship Education and the WWGS programme. GCE pedagogy is explained, suitable quality resources are recommended, and sample best practice in the implementation of GCE is outlined.
The video recording of the workshop includes:
- What is Global Citizenship Education (GCE)
- Why is GCE relevant?
- The Guiding Principles of GCE
- The WWGS Chat forum launch
- The 6 step action plan
- Useful resources
- The WWGS website
- New updates
Find the video recording here.
Here is the genial.ly slide show presentation that was share during the WWGS starter workshop.
- Video clip on vaccine inequality from Trócaire Facebook account used during workshop.
- Teacher Handbook: A-How-to guide to Global Citizenship Education