- Confilct & Stability/
- Migration & Refugees/
- Art and Design/
- Business Studies/
- Politics and Society/
- Religious Studies/
- Visual Art/
- WWGS Global Citizenship Education/
Peace and Justice Workshop 2022
This workshop offers input and advice on Peace and Justice in post-primary school.
With the increase in military spending due to the war in Ukraine (and let’s face it many other wars happening in the world) there is an increasing need for us to be anti-war and peace agents. This workshop in collaboration with Afri brings you (and therefore your students) on a journey from a global overview of war and militarisation to taking meaningful action in your school.
The recording provides:
- Global view on war and militirisation
- The effect of war
- Ireland’s neutrality, peace how we connect
- What meaningful action can we take?
The recording is available here.
- Please find the presentation on Genial.ly: Peace and Justice Workshop presentation
The presentation includes links to educational resources, images, organisations mentioned below.
Resources relevant to exploring peace in pdf
- Afri education publications: Afri’s publications include Just a Second books, lesson plans as gaeilge and in English. Highly recommended to view back their online conferences and take part in their future live events
- NYCI Peace and Justice resource
- Peace Education Network
- Talking to young people about war
- Children in Crossfire Resource on Forgiveness
- Development Perspectives SDG 16 pack
Resources relevant to exploring peace
- Statement of the Ukrainian Pacifist Movement
- Talking to young people about the war in Ukraine: A starter guide from developmenteducation.ie
- Afri www.afri.ie
- World Beyond War https://worldbeyondwar.org/
- International Peace Bureau www.ipb.org
- Unity Earth https://unity.earth/
- Long walk for peace: Missing Dimensions
- Peace studies and social change: The role of ethics and human agency
- Peace Quilts
Collective campaign groups
There’s always something here on peace/anti war:
Taking Meaningful Action
General resources on taking meaningful action
- NYCI – The Global YOUth – Journey to Act! This resource includes Free Resources and Activity Plans. It looks at taking collective action.
- Building Back Better: Youth, Power and Planet: This is a great resource too and has a really nice activity to look at the different roles students can take when planning an action.
If you attended the training, could you please fill out the SAT form?