Junior Cycle / Senior Cycle / Transition Year
- Global Justice/
- Human Rights/
Exploring Global Citizenship Education in Music
- To be inspired on how music can change our world, this blog on www.developmenteducation.ie is a great starting point for you and your students.
Tips (in docx)
- Here’s a few tips on integrating GCE into your JC Music curriculum: Music and GCE
- There’s some good tips here in this document for Senior Cycle: Music and DE from Opportunities Senior Cycle
Comhlamh’s resource on exploring global justice through the arts has some good music activities:
- Global Learning’s Guidelines based on the UK curriculum: Global_Learning_in_Music
Raising Our Voices-Oxfam lessons:
- Music_14-16_Lesson4 Music_14-16_Lesson2
Musicians Without Borders toolkit: Sounds_of_peace_workshop_toolkit-2
- The Irish Institute of Music and Song run great workshops on Advocacy and the use of your voice to get your message across and on making jingles. They have a strong human rights background so will be familiar with the global justice themes too.
- Create Schools have a good programme for secondary schools on Music, Film and Podcast making.