Music and Global Citizenship Education CPD
This workshop is for music teachers to explore how to integrate GCE (Global Citizenship Education) into the music curriculum. Music educator, musician and human rights lawyer Donal Kearney talks about using our voice to advocate*.
We recommend that you have a look at our resources by theme and recordings of training once you have chosen the theme you are focusing on! Visit our main website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice!
The video recording includes:
- An introduction to Global Citizenship Education
- Input from Music and Human Rights Expert Donal Kearney*
- How to approach Music and Global Citizenship Education in Junior Cycle, Senior Cycle as well as a Whole School Approach
Find the video recording here
There’s also an Edited chat from the Music CPd which includes the brilliant song that was written by the participants
Please find the WWGS workshop’s presentation on Genial.ly, here. Within this presentation-there’s lots of links, videos and resources just click on the interactive links.
You can find Donal Kearney’s presentation here- GCE workshop – Music CPD
If you have a digital subscription to the New Internationalist– the August 2003 ‘Sounds of Dissent’ is all about music. Each publication of this magazine has a music section however and it’s worth checking out for to provide more diversity of music in your classroom.
Here’s the relevant sections of ‘Sounds of Dissent’:
- Facts on the commercialisation of music and music in caste system India
- Caste system music part 2 and music rebels
- Music rebels continued
- Even our enemies deserve music
- Even our enemies part 2 and Nina Simone
- Politics with Soul part 1
- Politics with Soul part 2
- Politics with Soul part 3 and Bono cartoon
- Info on the Anti Iraq war protest album
Good links to explore: