- Global Citizenship Education/
- School Partnership/
- WWGS Global Citizenship Education/
Global School Partnership CPD
This workshop is for schools who have (or thinking of developing) a Global School Partnership or link with a school outside Ireland. The workshop explores how to take the right approach to the partnership and to get the best out of the partnership.
The video recording includes the following:
- Definition of Global School Partnerships
- WWGS: the supports we provide for schools engaging in CPD
- Critical engagement in Global School partnerships: the importance of classroom scaffolding, unlearning and reconstructing our views, practical exercises for digging deeper into stereotypes, charity approaches, and language.
- The importance of the solidarity approach for partnerships based on equity, respect, and joint learning.
- Practical tools for planning, getting started, and sustaining your CPD.
- Teacher input from Claire Ni Channain, Mount Mercy College Cork (from 47 min):
- Global School Partnership experience-strengths and challenges
- Examples of joint learning
- Top tips for communicating and sustaining partnerships
- Importance of moving from charity to solidarity approach
Find the recording here.
Find here the link to Genially slides with interactive icons, and links to further resources.