Organisations (NGOs & School Networks) engaged in the WWGS programme are supported throughout the year by Lisa Gallagher, the Grants & Operations Officer. Other WWGS staff are also on hand to offer additional support where required.
1. Phone and Email support:
Please feel free to call or email our Grants & Operation Officer, Lisa, for any support or with any questions you may have. Contact details are at the bottom of the page.
2. Support Visits:
WWGS provide both physical support visits and online meetings via Zoom or Google Meet. Contact your Grant & Operations Officer now to arrange a support visit at a time that suits you.
- New to WWGS - If you are new to Global Citizenship Education (GCE), we can meet you to go through how to get you started in your work with schools.
- Have a grant with WWGS - The support visit can include discussion on your GCE programme so far, WWGS Guiding Principles of GCE, the Global Passport, your WWGS plan and budget, WWGS Self Assessment Tool (SAT), Resource production, Reporting and/ or anything that you would like specific advice on.
- Who can you invite along - You are encouraged to invite along (for all or part of the meeting) anyone that will be involved in delivering your programme of work, so that they can be involved in your GCE planning. You may also wish to invite the Principal/ Director of your organisation or other interested parties in your Organisation, along to the meeting so that they have a better understanding of WWGS, our values and our approach to GCE. It is advised that you try to share the responsibility of your programme within your Organisation (where possible), so that there is not complete reliance on one person.
3. Specific Trainings for Organisations:
WWGS provide free tailored Global Citizenship Education training to Organisations as well as invitations to some networking events. Examples of what we offer are:
- Specific Training for Organisations (usually held in September/ October and one in February each year)
- Specific trainings for Organisations covering 1) Applying for a WWGS Grant and 2) Reporting on your WWGS Grant (these are usually held in April/ May each year)
- Invitation to Annual Teacher Training Conference and Annual Student conference to promote your Organisation to new schools (this can depend on the agreed format each year and whether conferences are in person or online. Often we include an opportunity for representatives from your Organisation to attend and to promote an example of your offerings for schools)
Just let us know what you need and we can tailor the workshop to suit your specific context.